How to Put ESG into Practice
Wednesday, December 1, 2021 | 15.00 – 16.30 | Live webcast from the Johan Cruyff Arena Amsterdam
Morningstar’s fund flow data shows an unwavering appetite of investors for sustainable funds. But with the growing number of sustainably labelled funds, perhaps the increasing shades of green have made sustainable investing a grey area. Morningstar’s research concluded that fund companies take different approaches to self-classify their funds under the SFDR framework, while the Dutch regulator AFM keeps a close watch on fund classification and the depth of information available to investors. This underlines that there is a lot to be done to help investors navigate through the rapidly expanding universe of sustainable funds.
On Wednesday 1 December, a panel of experts from various financial institutions will debate how to make SFDR work for investors and asset managers. Among other things, the following issues are discussed:
• How should retail investors make their way through the sustainable forest?
• Has the introduction of the SFDR been a sensible move for investors?
• What are the biggest challenges for asset managers, banks and wealth managers?
We cordially invite you to attend this interactive debate online.
15:00 Opening and introduction
Hermen Molendijk - Head of Morningstar Benelux
15:15 Panel debate – How to Put ESG Into Practice
Moderator: Marcel van de Hoef, financial podcast host
• Masja Zandbergen - Head of Sustainability Integration, Robeco
• San Lie - Head of Portfolio Management, ASN Impact Investors
• Casper Hoekstra - Senior Supervision Officer, Autoriteit Financiële Markten
• Samiya Jmili - Lead Sustainability Analyst for Manager Research, EMEA, Morningstar
16:15 Closing word
Hermen Molendijk, Head of Morningstar Benelux