Of course there are differences between virtual and physical events: you can’t see each other, you can’t easily network and it’s not a ‘day out’ in the traditional sense. But when all is said and done, every event is about sharing valuable information. Whether it concerns an internal reorganization, a product presentation or the latest developments. And that’s exactly what a virtual event like a webinar is all about.
In 6 steps to a virtual event
The event location is digitized in an accessible, yet safe way. We follow six steps:
● Your target group is invited to participate
● Your visitors get a ticket at the digital counter, whether or not for a fee
● A registration list is automatically maintained
● In the run-up to the event, all participants will receive a friendly reminder
● On the day of the event you check the visitors (only verified email addresses have access)
● Everyone takes ‘a digital seat’: the event can begin!
Interaction with your audience
The light in the digi-room goes out and the spotlights on the stage go on. Hundreds, if not thousands of eyes are focused on the screens: what are the speakers going to say?
The presentation raises questions. As a presenter, you also want some feedback from the audience. This is all part of the virtual event as well. Through the moderated chat the participants will ask their questions live. Do you want feedback from the people if they don’t ask a question themselves? Ask a poll question.
Would you like more information? Also possible. Instead of printed out evaluation forms or sent surveys, all attendees receive a pop-up in their screen after the plenary session, where they answer some evaluation questions immediately after the session.
Why are virtual events a PERFECT alternative?
In these chaotic times, a virtual event offers many advantages. Some of the most important:
1. You can still organize your event, and often at a much lower cost
2. It’s simple: you spread your message to the public in an efficient way
3. There is a high level of interaction through the live chat, polls and survey
4. Reports give you detailed user-level insights
5. The ‘latecomers’ are also taken into account: each session can be viewed on demand